Our Whole Lives
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a comprehensive sexuality education program led by specially trained volunteers. The program is offered for all ages and is inclusive and holistic in its approach. Below are two videos explaining the Kindergarten and First Grade level programs. Click here for more detailed information.
Religious Education Spring Offerings:
The OWL program is a comprehensive sexuality education program that is holistic and inclusive in its approach. Each grade has age appropriate material that will be covered.
Here are some videos that help explain:
Our Whole Lives Offers
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Affective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
- Step-by-step instructions for program promotion, implementation, and facilitation
- Parent orientation that affirms parents as their children’s primary sexuality educators
- Facilitator trainings and continuing education to increase knowledge, skills, confidence
- Expert user support from OWL Program Associate (UUA) and OWL Program Coordinator (UCC)
- Sexuality and Our Faith, an optional religious supplement for use in Unitarian Universalist and United Church of Christ settings.