Our Whole Lives
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a comprehensive sexuality education program led by specially trained volunteers. The program is offered for all ages and is inclusive and holistic in its approach. Below are two videos explaining the Kindergarten and First Grade level programs. Click here for more detailed information.
Our Whole Lives Offers
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Affective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
- Step-by-step instructions for program promotion, implementation, and facilitation
- Parent orientation that affirms parents as their children’s primary sexuality educators
- Facilitator trainings and continuing education to increase knowledge, skills, confidence
- Expert user support from OWL Program Associate (UUA) and OWL Program Coordinator (UCC)
- Sexuality and Our Faith, an optional religious supplement for use in Unitarian Universalist and United Church of Christ settings.
For 2017 – 2018 we are offering three levels of OWL
Junior High (Grades 7 – 9)
This class meets before service at 9 am beginning Sunday, September 17, 2017, and continuing through May 2018. The class is 90 minutes long. There is a mandatory parent orientation meeting on Saturday, September 16th from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
High School (Grades 10 – 12)
This class meets before service at 9 am beginning Sunday, January 7, 2018, and continuing through May with breaks for holidays. The class is 120 minutes long. There is a mandatory parent orientation meeting on Saturday, January 6th from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Kindergarten & Grade 1
This class meets after service at 11:30 am beginning on Sunday, January 7, 2018, with a parent meeting and continuing through April with breaks for holidays. The class is 60 minutes long. A parent/guardian attends the first and last session with their child.
OWL classes are $25 per attendee for member/pledging friends. Junior High and High School OWL classes have a higher fee for non-members $300 for Junior High and $150 for High School. For scholarship requests, please contact Aisha Hauser, Director of Lifelong Learning.