Board of Trustees Goals (Ends)
Approved by the Board of Trustees on November 20, 2018
2018-2019 Board Goals
1. Financial strategy
ESUC has a five-year financial strategy. This will be reviewed on an annual basis.
- By 12/2019 we will review the implementation of the endowment charter
- By 6/2019 we will have a congregational vote on disposition of the Holly House property
- By 6/2020 we will prepare the congregation for a vote on use of the proceeds of the Holly House disposition
2. Developmental Ministry Goals
During the tenure of the Developmental Minister, we will:
- Inspire a healthier culture at East Shore
- Continue to implement policy-based governance
- Establish a leadership and volunteer development program
- Grow membership
3. Beloved Community
We will nurture a sustainable Beloved Community by making measurable progress moving our congregation from multi-culturally aware to anti-racist with specific attention to lifelong learning, pastoral care, and theology.
4. Strategic Campus Plan:
By the 2020 Congregational Meeting, we will have a Preliminary Master Campus Plan that leverages the value of our infrastructure resources for the purposes of:
- Becoming a hub of earth and social justice ministry teams and affiliated outside organizations
- Serving as an emergency preparedness and response center
- Reducing the environmental impact of our facilities and membership activities
- Measuring impact of our earth and social justice activism to ensure the resources of our community are being used most effectively.