By now you should have received your invitation to the 2019 Auction, coming up on Saturday November 16th 5:30pm – 9:30pm. If you are not on the church mailing list and would like an invitation, membership manager Nicole Duff has some extras, but you don’t need an invitation to come. All are welcome! Just register here to participate. Remember that this year we have 3 ways for you to join in the fun:
- Attend the live and silent auctions, including a delicious tapas dinner ($60 a ticket)
- Attend the silent auction only, including wine ($15 a ticket)
- Participate online before the auction (FREE!)
The Auction committee is in full swing lining up some wonderful events, activities and services for you to select at the auction. All these items are generously donated by members, helping us to share our talents and build community. Whether you’re a regular contributor or a first-timer, Keely Cofrin Allen wants to hear from you with your ideas as to what you can offer our members.
- Perhaps it’s an offer to drive someone to the airport, to do an hour’s yard work or to bake a loaf of bread.
- Perhaps it’s a dinner in your home, a picnic in the park, or a visit to a local winery, show, zoo or other favorite spot.
- Or perhaps you want to host an event at church, like a Superbowl party, a movie screening, or some other celebration.
Everyone can contribute something to the auction. Activities suitable for families are especially welcome. The deadline is October 6th, so get your thinking caps on and let Keely know what you can do.
Another way for you to participate in this wonderful event is by volunteering to help. Nancy Bissell is our volunteer coordinator this year, so she’ll be looking for lots of assistance particularly for the weekend of the auction. If you can help on the Friday or Saturday, November 15th or 16th, we’d love for you to help with set-up, data entry, cooking, greeting, serving beverages, and/or clean up. In the meantime, talk to your friends and with people you meet at church, tell them about the auction and invite them to participate as well. That’s how we build community together – All in for East Shore!