East Shore Outdoors
Saturday, April 22
One event on Thursday, March 23 at 12:00 am
One event on Saturday, April 1 at 12:00 am
One event on Friday, April 7 at 12:00 am
One event on Saturday, April 15 at 12:00 am
One event on Sunday, April 16 at 12:00 am
One event on Saturday, April 22 at 12:00 am
One event on Wednesday, April 26 at 12:00 am
One event on Saturday, May 13 at 12:00 am
One event on Saturday, May 20 at 12:00 am
One event on Saturday, June 10 at 5:00 pm
As the better weather approaches, many of us want to get outside and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Pacific Northwest. You can do that, and contribute to building community at East Shore, by participating in walks and hikes organized by the East Shore Outdoors group.
Here are some upcoming Hikes:
- Wednesday, March 22, 10:00 a.m.: Kelsey Creek Park – Bellevue, 4 miles, about 200 ft elevation. This hike will include the Bellevue Botanical Gardens. In conjunction with Parkinson’s Support group. Led by Dave B
- Thursday, March 23: Vashon Island. Trail maintenance activity with Washington Trails Association. Coordinated by Tom McD.
- Saturday, April 1, 2:00 p.m.: Redmond Watershed Preserve Trail, 4.5 miles, 400 ft elevation, led by Amanda S.
- Friday, April 7, 10:00 a.m.: Tiger Mountain – Issaquah, 5 to 7 miles, 750 ft elevation. We will hike the Nook trail in the morning, and the Summit #3 trail after lunch. With Parkinson’s Support group. Led by Dave B.
- Saturday, April 15, 9:00 a.m.: East Tiger Mountain – Issaquah, 7.5 miles up and down, 1650 ft elevation. Picnic and beautiful views at the top. Led by Bill A.
- Sunday, April 16, 10:00 a.m.: Ebey’s Landing – Whidbey Island, 5.7 miles, 260 ft elevation, Beach Walk. Requires the use of the Mukilteo Ferry – car pooling suggested. With Parkinson’s Support group. Led by Dave B
- Saturday, April 22, 10:00 a.m.: Clay Pits at Cougar Mountain, 2.9 miles with 314 ft elevation – a family and dog (on leash) friendly walk to celebrate Earth Day. Led by Carla H.
- Wednesday, April 26, 10:00 a.m.: Twin Falls – North Bend, 5 miles, 600 ft elevation. We will park at the Mt. Washington Trailhead, I-90 Exit 38 and hike downhill from the John Wayne Trail to both of the Twin Falls. With Parkinson’s Support group. Led by Dave B.
- End of April, mid week: Morrell mushroom hunting in the Index burn area. Timing depends on snow melt. Led by Bill A.
- Saturday, May 13: Umtanum Ridge Spring Wildflower hike, Yakima Valley. 6 miles, 2400 ft elevation. Led by Bill A. (date could change depending on weather and flowers).
- Saturday, May 20: Iron Goat Trail, Stevens Pass area. 6 miles, 700ft elevation gain. This is an auction item hike, so a donation to ESUC is required. Led by Dave B.
- Saturday, June 10, 5:00 p.m.: Potluck at Amanda & Doug’s house in Issaquah, to celebrate summer and plan more activities. All welcome.
Transportation & Parking
We have several parking lots. Our upper lot, off SE 32nd Street, is closest to our Sanctuary, it has handicap and stroller parking. There is a roundabout for drop-offs. Our lower, main parking lot is also off SE 32nd Street. There are stairs that will lead you up to the Sanctuary. If that lot is full, there is also street parking on 32nd Street.