“Unlocking the Hidden History of DNA” from the Great Courses
Tuesday, March 9 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Wednesday, March 31
Informative and accessible lessons delivered by New York Times best-selling author Sam Kean, whose cogent explanations of scientific phenomena have been praised by everyone from NPR and The Boston Globe to Discover and Entertainment Weekly.
Topics covered include:
- The relationship between DNA and genes
- How the structure of DNA was discovered
- DNA Forensics
- The War over the Human Genome Project
- What DNA tells us about Human Evolution
- Gene Editing
- Use of DNA in Medicine and our Future
Class facilitated by Alan Carter.
how to attend
The course consists of twelve lectures which will be presented over six weeks on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 over Zoom starting on February 23rd. To join the class, use the following link: https://rebrand.ly/zhzte8a