It’s that time of year when we start to think about the new church year! We are planning for the Salmon Bake and all the things we love about the end of summer!
This year, we are returning to two services starting on September 23! This is a great opportunity for people to have more options that will benefit our members AND those who have yet to discover us. We also will be starting with our new Developmental Minister, Stephen Furrer, who I have met and is great. This is an exciting time, and with it, a few changes.
The RE program is growing, and with the two services will be using Spring Hall throughout the year. This means activities like the Community Faire and Earth & Social Justice Faire have to be re-imagined. The past two years, many of you have started with excitement and enthusiasm, but it seems to end with disappointment as all your hard work has led to little or no new team members. This is frustrating! So, I think this is a great opportunity to try something new!
This year, the Community and Social Justice Faires will last ALL YEAR!!! How? Great question… please read on:
- This change starts on Sunday, September 23 (the Sunday AFTER Salmon Bake)
- One table in the foyer will be for Community Groups and one table will be for Earth & Social Justice teams.
- There will ONLY be two tables in the foyer! (Plus the visitors desk)
- Teams will be scheduled – Community by me, and ESJCC will schedule Earth & Social Justice.
- Teams on the schedule will be highlighted in the OOS and announcements – suggesting that people stop by and learn more!
- Teams will no longer register tables with Dianne… or just show up and “grab” a spot.
What does this mean for you as our Community teams? I am currently working on the schedule, taking into account when teams that are time based (the Auction, East Shore Live, etc.) vs. teams that could use new people all year round. The Earth & Social Justice Coordinating Council will be sending out a communication to ESJ teams soon with a hope to have their schedule done toward the end of August. ESJ teams should send their desire to be on the ESJ table schedule and any time preferences to Ann Fletcher before August 20.
I am also trying to figure out how many weeks each team would get – based on the number of teams and number of weeks.
ACTION ITEM: Please email Nicole Duff, Membership Development Manager, and let me know:
- IF you want a table at all (I know some groups might not)
- IF you have a time based item you need me to consider and WHEN that would be.
My plan is to have the schedule for the fall out by August 15. If I have not heard from you, I will assume you do not want a table this fall!