by Mary Anderson
Our walls are freshly painted, the picture rails are up and the first exhibit of quilts made by members, friends and relatives will soon be hung. It has been slow going and we apologize for how long it’s been since our foyer was graced with beautiful things.
In order to keep things moving we need you! If you’ve missed how much the gallery added to the beauty of our campus join us. We have formulated a short-term plan which is subject to grander things with time and fresh ideas. Here are some of our thoughts:
- The current Gallery team will plan 3 to 4 shows in its first year. These will be exhibit only. Note that the Gallery has been granted several sale days each year which we have reserved the right to use at a later time.
- We are keeping a list of possible future exhibits:
- The annual Friends and Family show
- Children’s Art
- Khasi Hills photo exhibit
- A flower and plant show (flowers & plants of all kinds in all media, including real flowers and plants!)
- The collected works of individual East Shore members and relatives
- If you have an idea, please let us know
In order to keep things going we need you! There are opportunities for short projects or for the longer term. We are excited about the possibilities. If you want to be a part in growing a gallery, please let Nicole know.
Janet Fogle, Nancy Koning, Wenda Collins, Katherine Fugitt, Karen Dawson, Shirley Worth, Mary Anderson