Our faith is about deed, not creed. Please join us in these agreements to create a safer, braver space for our children.
Children & Youth Online Covenant
- We are gathering in community to enjoy, support and learn from one another.
- Keep it age appropriate. Each meeting has a “movie” rating. G for Chalice Circle or PG-13 for MS and HS Youth Groups.
- Be kind, curious and courteous. Help to create a welcoming environment.
- No hate speech or bullying. Help to make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity aren’t ok.
- Respect everyone’s privacy: what is shared in the group, stays in the group.
- Only the meetings host is allowed to share screens.
- For safety and accountability, please participate in the group chat only.
- Remember, you can rely on the seven principles to help guide you!
- Parents are responsible for monitoring the screens at home while in the RE groups.
- If you’re not sure how something works or if it’s okay to share, please ask! This is a learning opportunity for all.
- If something upsetting happens, please tell East Shore’s Director of Religious Education, Amanda Uluhan.