Lifespan Sexuality Education: Our Whole Lives
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a lifespan, comprehensive sexuality education program, inclusive and holistic in its approach. OWL is created as a collaboration between the Unitarian Universalist Association and United Church of Christ. Honest, accurate information about sexuality changes lives, builds self-esteem and self-acceptance, improves decision making, and encouraging positive relationships. For these reasons and more, we are proud to offer OWL programs at East Shore. These programs are led by specially trained volunteers from our congregation and faith.
East Shore is hosting an OWL Training over Labor Day Weekend 2019, August 30, 31, and September 1. We will offer three concurrent OWL trainings for teachers who are affiliated with East Shore or another church or organization which offer the OWL program in their communities.
- Training starts at 5:00 pm Friday August 30 and runs through 1 pm Sunday September 1. All meals are provided during this time, including Friday dinner.
- The cost for each training is $250, (except for members of East Shore.)
- On-site sleeping accommodations are available in our classrooms. Please inquire with email@example.com to help arrange this.
Please click on the link below to register for the Labor Day 2019 teacher training which you select:
Our OWL programs are offered biannually, or given participant and teacher availability.
Our Whole Lives Offers
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Affective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
- Step-by-step instructions for program promotion, implementation, and facilitation
- Parent orientation that affirms parents as their children’s primary sexuality educators
- Facilitator trainings and continuing education to increase knowledge, skills, confidence
- Expert user support from OWL Program Associate (UUA) and OWL Program Coordinator (UCC)
- Sexuality and Our Faith, an optional religious supplement for use in Unitarian Universalist and United Church of Christ settings.
For scholarship requests, please contact Aisha Hauser, Director of Lifelong Learning.