by Nicole Duff, Membership Development Manager
Are you interested in being involved with the growth of East Shore? Do you have ideas on how to be welcoming or are great at showing people the ropes? The Membership Team is looking for East Shore Members – new and old – to fill some roles!
We need Membership Team Members! We meet monthly, currently the second Fridays of the month from 10:00-12:00 p.m. We are open to changing, based on the availability of new members. Our focus is welcoming visitors from the moment they walk on campus through joining… and then continuing to help members navigate East Shore. On Sundays, you can find us at the visitor table in the foyer, but we also contact members, host the new member classes, new member potlucks, and help work with other teams who need some membership advice. If you are interested in joining, please reach out to Nicole Duff or current chair, Janis Pock.
We are also looking for New Member Mentors! These are people who “know the ropes” of East Shore… or at least who to ask. This is an opportunity to reach out to our newest members and help ease their way into our caring and loving community. The commitment is low, meet on Sunday and sit with each other at worship or coffee hour, and talk via email, phone, text, or a regular meet up.
Support New Members in:
- Getting to know others and forming new and genuine relationships
- Finding their own path towards purposeful and significant involvement at ESUC
- Becoming familiar with ESUC & the way things work around here!
Benefits of Serving as a Mentor:
- Being a Mentor is highly rewarding! Be one of the first to get to know new members and help them navigate their way to active involvement and participation
- Enable ESUC to extend a personal, inclusive, and genuine welcome to all
- Learn more about ESUC yourself!
Keep in mind, you do NOT need to have ALL the answers! Just the willingness to help find out!