On October 18, 1968 Tommie Smith and John Carlos, Track and Field medal winners at the Mexico City Olympics held their arms aloft on the award stand in support of those compatriots who were being victimized by the civil unrest then sweeping the nation. They were vilified and condemned. Since the death of George Floyd civil unrest has returned to America’s streets. But has anything really changed?
- To virtually attend, please Zoom in using room number 989 3107 9078
- To phone into the service, call 669-900-6833, Meeting ID: 989 3107 9078.
- For those joining, please mute as soon as you enter the room, so everyone can hear. Please note, the services will be recorded, but at this time, there are no plans to share the recording.
- If you don’t have a chalice, but want to light one, check out our Making a Chalice at Home page.
- Worship is followed by Coffee Hour
- Religious Exploration begins at 9:30 a.m.