by Doug Strombom
Volunteers and Donations Needed for our 9th Annual Trinkets and Treasures Sale
*All proceeds will benefit East Shore Unitarian Church and our education partners in the Khasi Hills of Northeast India.*
Here’s how you can help:
- Right now: Please save your stuff for the sale! We need usable clothing for all ages, sizes, and shapes, plus usable housewares, sheets, towels, dishes, sports equipment, toys, games, art, working tech equipment, books, jewelry, special items and more. We will even need unusable clothing and bedding, as we have a separate opportunity to make money on these items. (Please mark these items “recycle” and put in black garbage bags. Items must be CLEAN!))
- If you need to unburden yourselves of any items right now, contact Barb Clagett at 206-356-2644 or email@example.com or Mollie Player at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can arrange storage (possibly even pick up at your home).
- Please get on our volunteer list! We will need helpers for sorting, organizing, and pricing all the donations Sunday, August 18, through Thursday, August 22, as well as working the sale Thursday starting at 4:00 p.m. and through Friday (23rd) and Saturday (24th) until 6:00 p.m. You get to pick your times. It’s not too early to be added to our list: contact Karen McManus at email@example.com or Mollie Player at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join our veteran team!
- Sunday, August 4, through Saturday, August 17: Please bring your donations to church! We will store them in Room 204 in the Education Building until after the church service on August 18, when donations will be carted over to the Sanctuary, where the sale will be held this year!
- Sunday, August 18, through Thursday, August 22: Please volunteer to sort, organize and price our donations. Contact Barb Clagett or Mollie Player if you have questions. We take paper and plastic bags (for use at the sale), clothes, household items, books, toys, tools, sporting gear, any item that might sell. We don’t take obsolete electronics, broken or dirty items, large furniture or tires. One exception is that if you bring a printed photo of your large furniture, we can post it on a display board and try to sell it that way.
- Thursday, August 22, late afternoon: Attend the sale! East Shore members get early entrance.
- Friday and Saturday, August 23 – 24: Attend the sale and tell your friends!