Dear East Shore Members & Friends,
The ESUC Staff has been regularly working to keep everyone in our beloved community physically safe and emotionally/spiritually connected. The effects of COVID-19 on global and local health are foremost among our concerns. We realize these are exceptionally hard times, stimulating our fear and anxiety and trying everyone’s faith, meanwhile unduly victimizing the already most vulnerable. One coping strategy we all agree on is strengthening your ties to the community, including the ESUC community. Both reaching out for support and offering it are helpful to the human soul. This has always have been so, especially in times of shared crisis such as today. This (following) update reflects our current thinking and intentions. Your ESUC staff has been fully engaged making our church a source of meaning and pride for its members and friends. We welcome your feedback.
In abiding liberal faith, Steve
ESUC Phased Reopening Plan
Download a copy here.
Included in this update for our community are highlights of the ongoing programming and operations, as well as additional guidelines as to the use of the campus going into winter and the start of 2021. While many aspects of these adjustments are a direct response to the current circumstances, some aspects will continue even after the virus has ended, namely access to virtual worship services. With the assistance of a Pacific Western Region UU Growth Fund grant, East Shore will soon have the capacity to live stream our worship services and other events from the Sanctuary! Even when we gather together in person again, we will maintain a virtual presence for our community.
East Shore’s current and upcoming online programming can be found through our newsletters and includes:
- Services: Sunday at 10:30 a.m., with Coffee Hour to follow
- Religious Education: Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
- Choir: Thursdays at 7:00 p.m.
- Board Meetings: open to members for observation
- Wednesday Wind Down: open to all!
- Ministry Teams & Events
- Adult Programming
- Middle & High School Youth Group
- Covenant Circles
- Memorial and Committal Services
- COVID Food Relief Project
Looking to host a meeting or program online? Request a Zoom Room Here
We have space for volunteer engagement. East Shore needs everyone’s help imagining new ways to recruit and integrate new members, to organize zoom events for families, groups, and other get-togethers, and to support one another through many more months of social distancing.
Here are some ways that you can be involved with East Shore’s community over the upcoming months:
- Religious Education adult mentors, including upper elementary support, Coming of Age mentors and high school youth advisors
- Adult Programming, offer a class here
- Worship Associates, providing support for online services
- Ministry Teams, including Women’s Perspective, Sophia Way, Grounds, etc.
- Board standing committees, including Personnel and the RE Committee
Yours in Faith,
Staff Leadership Team