We offer a liberal religious community in which people freely explore, develop and celebrate the meanings, values and purposes of their lives.
Reasons for Membership
- To affirm the purposes and principles of our free religious tradition.
- To enjoy a community of kindred spirits where you feel safe, welcomed, appreciated, and respected.
- To experience spiritual growth for yourself and your children.
- To find beliefs and values put into action through social outreach and education.
We require no creedal tests and no professions of dogma or doctrine. For us, membership is a covenant to walk together in fellowship and love. We ask only for an honest desire to participate in and support the life and work of the congregation.
Paths To Membership
There are MANY ways to become a member of East Shore, but all involve a few steps:
- Practice Love: From offering a listening ear, delivering a meal, or even getting your hands dirty.
- Explore Spirituality: One of the great things about Unitarian Universalism is having many religious traditions. We invite you to explore all of them.
- Build Community: From happy hours to choirs, eating to activities, we want you to get to know US!
- Promote Justice: A huge part of who we are is our desire to help others, we hope you find a way to serve other along side us.
Contact our Director of Membership Development to get started:
“I come to East Shore to be with and learn from warm, wise, and witty people, to join in community and global action groups, to be moved and inspired by powerful services and wonderful music, and to keep growing my spirit and expanding my contributions.” -Barb Clagett