Widening the Circle of Concern series of classes offers a summary and discussion of the 2020 blueprint for the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) and East Shore to become more anti- racist, anti-oppression, and multicultural. The Widening the Circle of Concern Report presents trends, recommendations, actions, and takeaways from a deep look at the power structures of systemic racism and white culture within the Unitarian Universalist Association and our congregations. The series is presented in 5 classes:
- Session #1: Theology and Living our Values occurred in February 2021. It has been recorded and is available on request to Grace for viewing.
- Session #2: Governance and Innovation & Risk-taking happened in July 2021. It has been recorded and is available on request to Grace for viewing.
- Session #3: Communities and Congregations will be announced soon.
- Session #4: Hospitality & Inclusion and Restoration & Reparations are to be scheduled
- Session #5: Accountability & Resources and Education for Liberation are to be scheduled
This series is an example of the 8th Principle Ministry Team supporting and being a home for someone wanting to create something educational.